ADVANCED LICENSING INSTITUTE
This is a one-hour open book exam (one and one-half hours for certain foreign students). You may consult the course material as well as any other materials. Yet, your examination must be your own work. Do not discuss it with other students.
Write your answers in the blue books supplied, but please use only one side of the page and observe the margins. Please write or print as legibly as possible.
Grading will be anonymous. Please use your exam number; do not put your name on anything you turn in.
- EXAM -
Professor Karl F. Jorda
1) As between licensor and licensee, whose economics controls the licensing transaction and influences the money terms and why? In this context also discuss what the best valuation method for Intellectual Property is and why? [20 points]
2) "Due Diligence" was mentioned or discussed by presenters. What is it? Why is it important in licensing and acquisitions? [20 points]
3) Why was the Bayh-Dole Act of 1980 a watershed event for licensing university inventions, made with federal funding, to industry? [20 points]
4) The "Hart-Scott-Rodino Act" was discussed by presenters. What is it? Why is it important in licensing and acquisitions? [20 points]
5) What are some salient differences in terms of (dis)advantages between Arbitration and Mediation? [20 points]
- END OF EXAM -