ADVANCED LICENSING INSTITUTE
Professor Karl F. Jorda
This is a one-hour open book exam (one and one-half hours for certain foreign students). You may consult the course material as well as any other materials. Yet, your examination must be your own work. Do not discuss it with other students.
Write your answers in the blue books supplied, but please use only one side of the page and observe the margins. Please write or print as legibly as possible.
Grading will be anonymous. Please do not put your name on anything you turn in.
- EXAM -
1) "Due Diligence" was discussed by presenters. What is it? Why is it important in licensing and acquisitions? [20 points]
2) What is the best valuation method for Intellectual Property and why? [20 points]
3) There were clear suggestions or strong implications by presenters that the royalty rate or money terms be negotiated last rather than first, as is commonly but erroneously done. What are the reasons for these suggestions? [20 points]
4) The "Hart-Scott-Rodino Act" was discussed by presenters. What is it? Why is it important in licensing and acquisitions? [20 points]
5) What are some salient differences in terms of (dis)advantages between Arbitration and Mediation? [20 points]
- END OF EXAM -